WHY OH WHY?
Why use logic puzzles and word games to teach English? Four reasons, all based pedagogical principles.
- Solving logic puzzles and word games – especially those that do not involve complex math – utilizes knowledge which students developed in their first language. Thus, problem solving in English links to prior knowledge, an attribute thought to be part of an effective teaching strategy.
- Solving logic puzzles is consistent with task based learning, an accepted teaching methodology.
- Puzzles promote vocabulary acquisition by activating deep processing.
- Puzzles and games are fun. (Trust me, this one is in the teaching principles text book. I checked.)
- Teachers with access to a classroom computer and projector might appreciate the time-saving quality of this ebook. Put the ebook on a USB and you have a portable resource that eliminates time-consuming photocopying./li>
Don’t Forget about High Frequency Words
Sure, this is an ebook of worksheets that can be used as a launching pad for interesting ESL speaking and writing tasks. It’s also about vocabulary. The vocabulary set required to understand the questions and generate typical answers was compared with the 2818 words in the New General Service List. Based on this comparison, students who complete all 30 worksheets will learn and/or review 811 key words – approximately 30% – in the New General Service List.
Is $8.99 USD a lot? Before you answer, consider that for the price of a couple of lattes, you get:
- 30 worksheets with classroom-tested logic puzzles, word games and general knowledge questions designed for non-native speakers.
- Most worksheets have a theme which fits in with standard ESL topics (e.g. family, numbers, money, etc.).
- 54 pages in total.
- Full answer key with suggested hints and key vocabulary.
- 1 pdf file formatted for A4 printing.
GET 160 LOGIC PUZZLES AND WORD GAMES – NOW!
Only $8.99 USD. After payment has been confirmed, you get instant access. I send you a message and you download the pdf file. Here’s my promise. Try it risk free for 7 days. If you don’t like it you can get a full refund. Promise.
Use your Paypal account or pay with a credit card. Use the button below.